We’ve spent the time we’ve been closed making changes that will ensure safety, while keeping the gym environment as comfortable as possible! Best of all the construction on our expansion has been completed! We know you have a lot of questions, so please take a moment to look over our protocols before returning:
- At check-in members will scan their barcodes as normal, and you will have a short health screen. We are also requiring all members to scan their barcodes when they leave so we can monitor the number of people in the facility.
- New York State is limiting capacity at 33%. With the size of our facility we should not run into any capacity issues. Therefore, we will NOT require members to make reservations and/or limit their workouts at this time.
- New York State is requiring members and staff to wear a mask at all times. Please note (as per NYS guidelines), neck gaitors and bandanas are not acceptable masks in gyms.
- Proper social distancing must be maintained. Our equipment has been spaced out to be at least 6 feet apart to accommodate.
- All equipment must be wiped down after each use. We’ve doubled our disinfectant stations to make this as easy as possible! In addition, our staff will be doing constant cleaning/sanitizing of the facility.
- We’re asking our members to limit their daily impact on the facility when possible. This includes coming dressed to workout, and only bringing the outside equipment with you that you would use that day. We’re also asking members not to superset or use more than one machine at once.
- New York State is requiring we close our water fountain, so please bring a water bottle.
- Our air ventilation system consists of 7 HVAC units, as well as a standalone air exchanging unit. Our system is constantly bringing in fresh air from outside, and it is the BEST way to ensure clean, safe air inside our building. As per the state’s request, we have also upgraded to MERV 13 filters.
- Since being closed all paid in full memberships have been frozen, and any paid by month memberships have not been charged. Paid in full memberships will reactivate as of 8/24, and members will have the same time remaining as they did as of March 16. Paid by month memberships resume normal billing as of September (drafted on 8/31). Insurance memberships will also resume as normal. IF YOU HAVE ANY MEMBERSHIP QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL US AT MEllwood@GetFitWNY.com.
- Classes and childcare will be not take place initially. These services will be phased in once we get guidance from the state.
We hope these changes help you feel comfortable about returning! Being healthy, and having a strong immune system is more important now than ever before! We want to remind the community that you have 100% control of your health and wellness! So we invite you to come see us, keep moving, and keep feeling good about yourself!